google.com, pub-8423681730090065, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

History of the Rangers: TERROR 4 Running dogs and Unsung heroes By James Ritchie

 
The Courageous
Who Have Looked At
Death In The Eye
Photobucket
Military
History
Google Ads
Miscellaneous
No Atheists
In A Foxhole
“When you're left wounded on

Afganistan's plains and

the women come out to cut up what remains,

Just roll to your rifle

and blow out your brains,

And go to your God like a soldier”

“We are not retreating. We are advancing in another direction.”

“It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.”

“Old soldiers never die; they just fade away.

“The soldier, above all other people, prays for peace,

for he must suffer and be the deepest wounds and scars of war.”

“May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't .”
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

“Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more.

“Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man."
“It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived.

The Soldier stood and faced God


Which must always come to pass

Photobucket
He hoped his shoes were shining

Just as bright as his brass

"Step forward you Soldier,

How shall I deal with you?


Have you always turned the other cheek?


To My Church have you been true?"


"No, Lord, I guess I ain't


Because those of us who carry guns


Can't always be a saint."

I've had to work on Sundays

And at times my talk was tough,

And sometimes I've been violent,

Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny

That wasn't mine to keep.

Though I worked a lot of overtime

When the bills got just too steep,

The Soldier squared his shoulders and said

And I never passed a cry for help

Though at times I shook with fear,

And sometimes, God forgive me,

I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place

Among the people here.

They never wanted me around


Except to calm their fears.


If you've a place for me here,


Lord, It needn't be so grand,


I never expected or had too much,


But if you don't, I'll understand."

There was silence all around the throne

Where the saints had often trod

As the Soldier waited quietly,

For the judgment of his God.

"Step forward now, you Soldier,

You've borne your burden well.

Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,

You've done your time in Hell."

Links
& Infor
xxxx
Glorious
Malaysian Food
xxx
&
Other Stuff
xxx

xxx

xxx

XXXX

xxxx
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Advertistment
TERROR 4 Running dogs and Unsung heroes By James Ritchie
Wednesday, January 04, 2023
Representational Image

I have written numerous stories of natives at war but few people realize the role of a group “unsung” Chinese heroes. For decades the urban society took peace for granted while a group brave plain clothes policemen from the “special branch” (SB) went underground for the sake of the country.

For this reason, I decided to help SB officer Deputy superintendent Lim Chian Seng write his memoir to honor dozens of dead or injured SB compatriots. If all goes well, the book will be published by the end of the year.

Called “running dogs” by the communist the atrocities they committed was no less the most dastard “war crimes” during the 27-year Sarawak insurgency. DSP Peter Lim Chian Seng, 82, was among the top SB officers on “hit list” after Sarawak’s Tan Sri Koo Chong Kong was assassinated in Ipoh in 1975. Peter’s story is about how he was survived three two assassination attempts by the elite PGRS communists in 1971 and survived.

Lim recalled that at 1 p.m. on July 31 1971 he and his wife left his station at Bau to go to Kuching on a quiet Sunday. His wife teacher Chua Kin Tee, accompanied him to Kuching to buy special formula milk for their first child five-month old Kek Seng. He rarely travelled alone, but on this occasion, he had a premonition that trouble was brewing and handed his wife his loaded 38 Smith and Wesson pistol with six rounds.

For months CTs had been watching Lim’s movements because he had been making several arrests of key individuals and had to be eliminated. Lim said: “They knew I had to travel by my old Volkswagon along the narrow and winding Bau Road to get to Kuching.” “Apparently, the informer contacted the PRGKU group who set up two separate ambushes along the same road to ensure I didn’t escape.”

After about 20 minutes Lim reached the first ambush site at the Buso junction where the first group of CTs armed with a Sten Gun and rifle waited. As his car came into view the CTs opened fire riddling his vehicle. “I shouted to my wife ambush and stepped on the pedal but 25 yards ahead a second group of four to five CTs with shotguns went in for the kill.

“I was hit on the right eyebrow was by a pellet that shattered my sun glasses with splinters entering the eye. The same pellet was embedded in my skull. “Another pellet also grazed my left chest while a rifle bullet went through the car.” Lim continued: “As the blood blurred my vision, I lost control and my car skidded and crashed into a telephone pole at the top of a steep ravine where my wife and I were partially trapped there.”

“I came out of the car into the open and my wife followed suit as we took cover in the ravine. My shirt was soaked in blood a uniformed CT emerged from the jungle who thought I was mortally wounded, wanted to finish the job. As he approached my wife passed me my Browning and I shouted in Mandarin to the CTs not approach because he was heavily armed.

Thinking I had two pistols, the CT commander called his comrade back and they disappeared into the jungle. “I was prepared to fight it out to the end and reserved my last bullet for myself, in case I was captured alive,’ added Chian Seng who was familiar with fate of captured “running dogs”.

Later he learnt that the CTs were members of the hardcore PGRKU or Pasokan Gerilya Rakyat Kalimantan Utara whose specialty was torture band mutilation before killing. As the minutes passed, Lim realized the CTs had abandoned their plans and had fled from the scene. Five minutes later his wife finally managed to stop a passing PWD truck and they both hitched a ride to Bau police station three miles away.

"I must thank my brave wife. It seemed like ages before anyone was willing to stop and give us a lift. "My wife stood by the roadside desperately waving down passing motorists, while I stayed hidden in the valley. He added: "It was still touch and go because the CTs could have been still around. I had six rounds and made sure that if I had to fight them, I had to leave at least one bullet for myself.

"I can imagine what would have happened if they had captured me alive!!" Lim was operated on, his pellet removed and two weeks later he was back on duty. Four months later another attempt was made on his life at the Bau-Jugan junction, a stone's throw from the Siniawan police station.

In the second incident Lim and a convoy of policemen were travelling by land rover from Bau to the Siniawan police station when they were ambushed by gunmen at a sharp corner near the junction.

"After my first experience I was better prepared. When they opened fire I ordered the driver to step on the pedal and we just made it around the bend without crashing.

Lim said: "Two minutes later we were at the police station where we got reinforcements. I returned on foot with some men through the jungle to see if we could make a counter attack. But they had fled.” At the scene they found eight home-made "molotov cocktail" bombs (bottles with petrol or kerosene had to be lighted and would incinerate on explosion).

"Looking back, I dread to think what would have happened had our driven lost control of the vehicle and we crashed at the ambush site," he added.

Lim was promoted a year later to the rank of ASP but while he was away the terrorists caused havoc in the district. A year later on July 14 1972 the same group murdered a young Johnny Lee 21, at Tondong on suspicion of being a “running dog”.

After organizing a “public trial” Johnny tortured, tied to a tree in the town center and set on fire. However, in a twist of fate the PGRS commander and master of torture was killed in a botched CT ambush not far from Bau! Divine justice?

Ends/jr 16.10.22 - End - 8
posted by Major D Swami (Retired) @ 12:04 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
ARCHIVES


Previous Post
Links
Links To Rangers
Military Related Links


XXXX
xxxx
xxxx
XXX
XXXX
World
xxxx
Advertistment
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Advertistment
XXXXXXXX
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© Modified on the 12th January 2008 By History of the Rangers .Template by Isnaini Dot Com
google.com, pub-8423681730090065, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 <bgsound src=""> google.com, pub-8423681730090065, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0